Waters Playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

>

Friday, November 5, 2010

Our Trip to Minnesota

The kids and I got to go to Minnesota to visit my sister Natalie. We haven't seen her or her family since July 2009. This visit was long overdue. We had so much fun! The plane ride there was easy. Jaxton fell asleep and so did I. I had worked 3 days before we left including the night before, I didn't get any sleep before we left. Zoe entertained herself with the itouch.



We got to go to the Mall Of America. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe. It was so fun to see the kids react. We sat in front of some monkeys hanging from the trees and about every 10 minutes they would start swinging and moving in the trees making monkey noises. Zoe would jump down from her chair and start dancing with them. Jaxton just pointed and shouted monkey. Then the rain storm started and thundering. Zoe almost started crying. After lunch we met up with my brother and his girlfriend Kim. He treated us to a ton of fun at Nickolodean Universe where the kids enjoyed going on all the rides. Thanks Kelby!






One of the days we were able to bring lunch to the girls at school. We brought subway. We ate with Josie and played outside at resess with her. the kids thought it was so fun, and Josie loved being able to show them off! We could only drop Karley sandwich off and say Hi for a minute. Because it's not cool to eat lunch with your mom and aunt anymore!

The rest of the time the kids enjoyed playing and LOVED the fish tank. It has more than 100 fish.



The plane ride home was another story! I tried giving them dimatap and it didn't work. They were very busy and hard to keep entertained during the flight. We also didn't have a ride, so I had to get a ride on one of those caravan things. SOOO I thought I was going to push all that luggage and the double stroller by MYSELF to where I was supposed to wait. Yeah fat chance. Luckily one of the workers noticed and offered to help so I greatly accepted. I thought my van was scheduled right after my flight only to find out I had to wait 2 1/2 hours for my ride. So I ended up cancelling and just waiting till Nate got out of school to come and get me. But now I was stuck outside with all the luggage and no way to get back in. Luckily the kids finally fell asleep.
All in all we had great time. But I don't plan on traveling alone with both kids by self for a while.

3 comments:

Brittney Blount said...

Glad to see your settled. We miss you guys! What a fun trip!

Marilyn said...

You're brave to travel by yourself with 2 kids and all the stuff you have to take! Sounds like you had a great time.

Ali said...

It's been so fun to FINALLY read your blog (you know how life can get!) Thanks for all the darling pix and entries from you and Nate! Also for keeping in touch with us. Love and miss!