Waters Playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

>

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I keep thinking I will update this more often. Anyway get ready for a long update! Of coarse most of you know from FB that we are expecting our third child this August. We are having a little girl and couldn't be more excited! We are going to name her Sophie Lee. We found out that she is going to be born with a cleft lip and palate. When I was first told I was devasted, and experienced all the natural emotions one would feel when being told something was wrong with your child. Then after another appointment I was told something was wrong with her heart, and that she would have a 60% chance of having something genetically wrong. After more testing we found out that her heart was fine and that genetically she was fine. All of a sudden a cleft doesn't seem so bad! It is amazing how your perspective changes. In a way I am glad we had to do the other testing to help me realize it could be much worse! We have met with what they call the craniofacial team ( a team of doctors including surgeon, neonatologist, speech therapy, and OB) to discuss what this year will bring. She will have at least 3 surgeries. The first being at about 4 weeks old if she is eating well and gaining weight.I think we have a good idea what to expect but I am sure we are in for a long road. I am so excited to meet her and have her join our family. I can already tell that she has such a sweet spirit and will be a blessing in our lives. I am sure i have a lot to learn about this experience, and feel I have grown so much already. Nate has got his official offer letter and has been hired to Salt Lake Center for air traffic control. He left for his 3 months of training in Oklahoma on May 15th. We are about a 2 1/2 weeks in and I miss him dearly. He will hopefully be home for the delivery for 2 days and then back to training for 2 more weeks. I just hope the baby doesn't decide to come early ( i know, how many pregnant women wish for that) because then Nate won't be there. We are so excited for the new life this will bring. Nate will be home EVERY night! I will be home EVERY night! we are finally going to have a "normal" life. Right now it is hard with him gone but focusing on the future is helping both of us get through! You know how when you are going through something and you wonder why, i have now seen the big picture as to why Nate was a pilot for the last year. At first when he started I was honestly bitter. I felt that Nate was being selfish because he was pursuing a "dream" of his that was putting the rest of his family in a difficult position. He wasn't making much money after you factor in paying for his crash pad, airport parking, shuttles to and from airport, aiport food, and babysitter. Not to mention we NEVER saw him. I never got any sleep because I was still working full time and being a single parent. Don't get me wrong, I was happy for Nate that he was doing something he has always wanted to do, but it was hard for me not to focus on the negative aspects of the job, and on multiple occasions even asked him to quit. I now know Nate was a pilot so I could grow. I have never been pushed to my limit as i was this past year. I have learned and seen what i am capable of accomplishing. I have never relied so much on my Heavenly Father as have this past year. I have always believed he was aware of me and my situation but I truely experience this. I Know my Heavenly Father knows me personally and is there for me whenever I need him. He is anxious for me to ask for help. My love for Nate has grown tremendously. I appreciate him and what he does for our family so much more. I have learned to let things go, and that there is more than one way to do something other than my own way. It has taught me to be more frugal with our money. As I look back I am so grateful for this opportunity. I would not be where I am today if we didn't have this experience. It amazes me how our Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need and when. I still don't feel like I can put into words and describe how truely grateful I am for this experience and insight. As for an update on the kids they are amazing. They continue to make me laugh all the time. They really are hillarious.They are busy. They are best friends, and play so well together. We stay busy by visiting all the local parks, and our swimming pool. They are so smart, it is amazing how much they pick up on. Zoe loves any type of workbook or learning. She LOVES her "pets" stuffed animals, singing, dancing and putting on shows for me. She has become the best little helper and often sees my doing housework and says don't do it without me I want to help. She is able to pick up a room without being directed. Loves to vaccum and dust and help do the dishes. I don't know what I do if she wasn't so eager to help. Jaxton is into superheros especially batman. He is all boy. He loves to change his clothes 20 times a day which drives me crazy. He is not as eager to help around the house:)He loves to snuggle. And is very good at anyting physical. He has a huge vocabulary and surprises me daily. I love them so much. They both are excited to have a baby sister.

2 comments:

Wells Family said...

I loved reading your post. Thanks for the big update. Is your mom or someone going to be with you when it gets close to have Sophie? I am so happy you and the Nate. I wish we lived close so the kids could get together to play. Jaxton sounds just like Wyatt, he too is obsessed with ALL superheros (it used to be just spiderman, but now it's all). Oh and he too changes he clothes CONSTANTLY! I think it's when he pulls out all his clothes to find the spedific spiderman shirt that drives me crazy.

Heather said...

I am so happy you updated. I have been meaning to call you but ran out of minutes on my phone, lame!

Glad to hear that you are doing so well and I really appreciate you sharing your testimony. Life is going to be so wonderful for you when you get all settled and can have some "normal" in regards to your work shedules, I am so excited for you in that regard.

And sweet Sophie is already such a blessing. Can't wait to meet her! Love you guys so much.