Waters Playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

>

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Travel Wo's Conclusion

So, obviously we have made it here to Colorado. Amber has updated a lot regarding our family, so I will be brief. We started back on the road once again the next day after the truck was repacked and we did an all day shot to the Denver area where we stopped and spent the night at my Uncle Kelley and Aunt Steph's house. We enjoyed games, movies, and time out of the car. We had a great time and are so grateful for family and the help that we received on this trip.

The next morning we made the last stretch to Greeley, CO where our family was to settle in and make our home. We found the apartments and got the keys. The rest of the afternoon we moved, and moved, and moved some more! I recalled a conversation we had with my aunt and uncle about taking it easy when it comes to exercising here because of the high altitude that we are not accustomed with. We all agreed that a few weeks later we would have been here long enough to work out or do physical activities! Well, I didn't even think of the physical activity of moving in! It was my aunt, her sons Clint and Parker (known to my kids as Marker!), and me. We did really well... but when we had moved the last of the stuff in the house... I was done. Nausea, dizziness, and sucking air were the result! I had fallen prey to the low oxygen and was out for the rest of the evening. The rest of the family went to dinner and brought me some food, but I sat that one out.

During the move I received news of 2 airlines that were looking for applicants and I was given a date for an interview. The first company was Colgan Airlines and it was a good experience, but unfortunately i was unprepared for the simulator ride. I did not pass that portion of the interview and was asked to re-apply again in 6 months. The hiring manager was sad and had told me, "...you were a prime candidate we were looking at." I was sad about the result, but have since seen the positive side. I went for an interview with American Eagle and found out that my paperwork had problems, so after 5 minutes I was dismissed. Apparently, they get their info from a website that I had signed up for 2-3 years ago. They had taken my info from that website while I was driving from AZ to CO. When I got here I updated my info, but it was to late. So, it appeared to them that I was trying to cheat the system and was asked to leave. Nothing I could change about that one. It has turned out for the best because Air Traffic Control seems to be the better route for me and my family! I also love every minute of class. Heavenly Father really knows what is best for me, and learning to trust that has been a big test for me in these circumstances. It has been amazing, and we are excited for what the future brings. We want to convey to you all how much we love you and appreciate your support! We miss our good friends and wish you all the best. We hope to see you again soon.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I am glad you can see the wisdom on your current situation and the opportunities that are coming your way regarding your future employment. You are both faithful and I know that wonderful things are in store for your family. Thanks for updating, I always enjoy hearing how you are. Miss you!

Marilyn said...

Such adventures, and isn't nice to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father looking out for us. Glad you made it safely and we miss you!i

Anonymous said...

Nate, first, I love that you will update on the blog!!! Well, I love that you both do :D We miss you guys, but we are so so happy for you!! You've been through a lot and to see the light at the end is so rewarding and even if it's us looking at your success and happiness! We're happy you guys are loving it there in Colorado and we will visit when we get our own business worked out! Keep on keeping on and like you said, Heavenly Father knows you, loves you and with that, it will all be okay!!